To Hamburg by train
Travel with Intercity Berlin or CityNightLine to Hamburg
- Price 2nd class from € 43 to € 120
- Price 1st class from € 73 to € 188.80
- Travel time Amsterdam - Hamburg: 5:10
(change trains once)
Book in advance and save money
Book 2-3 months in advance and pay just € 43 for a one-way Intercity Berlin ticket to Hamburg. The sooner you book, the lower the price. Our cheapest tickets cannot be rebooked or cancelled. Book in advance and save money! Find train tickets
Your trip to Hamburg
Want to take a city trip to Hamburg or need to go there on business? With the international train service InterCity Berlin you can travel from Amsterdam Centraal to Hamburg, and you will only need to change trains once.
For a complete overview, please consult the international itinerary planner. Please also check the latest international travel updates shortly before embarking on your journey.
You can also travel to Hamburg with the night train. Travel time is 8 hours and 51 minutes and the train runs directly from Amsterdam Central Station to Hamburg Hbf. Read more about CityNightLine
Overview travel time Hamburg
Price train tickets to Hamburg
Train tickets to Hamburg vary in price. Price is dependent on:
- The amount of tickets still available.
- The possibility of being able to rebook your ticket.
- The possibility of getting a (partial) refund.
Intercity Berlin fares
The prices of train tickets to Hamburg are divided into 3 categories. The main conditions are listed below:
- Cheapest tickets
- Booked no later than 7 days before departure
- Rebooking not possible
- Attractive price
- Limited amount of flexibility
- Booked no later than 3 days before departure
- Rebooking: free of charge except for reservation costs
- Cancellation: 10% of the costs with a minimum of € 5
- Booked up until departure
Hamburg: Big and green
Hamburg is the city of Gothic brick and brick expressionism because until well into the 20th century brick was used as a traditional building material. Beautiful examples are Speicherstadt, a large complex of warehouses from the 19th century built on stilts, and the 20th century Kontorhausviertel.
Furthermore, the unique harbor district Sankt Pauli offers trendy clubs and culture lovers can visit various museums and beautiful churches. And the real train enthusiasts should not miss the largest model railroad in the world at Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg.
Extra comfort: travel 1st class
Want to travel in extra comfort? Then travel in 1st class on InterCity Berlin.
- air conditioning
- one 220-volt connection for every 4 seats
- minibar with snacks or drinks*
* For some train services different train carriages are used in which certain facilities are not present.Find train tickets
Book your hotel in Hamburg online
Whether you are going to Hamburg for pleasure or work, with a few simple mouse clicks you can book everything you need on NSHispeed.nl. Choose from our extensive selection of hotels and book your hotel in Hamburg online with ease! Book your hotel
Need a ticket from Hamburg to the Netherlands?
NS Hispeed, of course, also offers single train tickets from Hamburg to the Netherlands. To make things easier, below you can see the most commonly bought tickets to the Netherlands from Hamburg:
At the station
* Price based on Super Discount 2nd class from Amsterdam Central for one person, including seat reservation. Super Discount tickets have a limited availability and can be purchased, if available, up to 7 days before departure. After purchase it is not possible to rebook or cancel ticket.