To Frankfurt by train
Travel with ICE International to Frankfurt
- Price 2nd class from € 39
- Price 1st class from € 69
- Travel time Amsterdam – Frankfurt: 3:46
- 7 connections a day
Book in advance and save money
Book 2-3 months in advance and pay from just € 39* for a one-way ICE ticket to Frankfurt! The sooner you book, the lower the price. Our cheapest tickets cannot be rebooked or cancelled. Book in advance and save money! Find train tickets
Your trip to Frankfurt
Want to take a city trip to Frankfurt or need to go there on business? With the international train service ICE International you can travel from Amsterdam Central directly to Frankfurt.
For a complete overview, please consult the international itinerary planner. Please also check the latest international travel updates shortly before embarking on your journey.
Overview travel times to Frankfurt
Price train tickets to Frankfurt
Train tickets to Frankfurt vary in price. Price is dependent on:
- The amount of tickets still available
- The possibility of being able to rebook your ticket.
- The possibility of getting a (partial) refund.
ICE International fares
The prices of train tickets to Frankfurt are divided into 2 categories. A complete overview of the fares and condition can be found on the ICE International Fares page. The main conditions are listed below:
Cheap, can be changed (for a charge)
- Cheapest tickets
- Booked no later than 3 days before departure
- Can be changed or cancelled (a charge is made)
Changes and cancellations are possible
- Rebooking: free of charge except for reservation costs
- Cancellation: 10% of the costs with a minimum of € 5
- Booked up until departure
Frankfurt: Versatile business city
Frankfurt is, without a doubt, an impressive city. The skyline with office buildings and spectacular bridges across the Main are reminiscent of Manhatten. Moreover, Frankfurt has the necessary culture. Lover of Goethe, art or history? Let yourself be surprised in one of the more than 60 museums. And there are plenty of bars, restaurants and clubs for a great night on the town. You can also relax in the greenery around the city: there is more than 80 square kilometres of forest, parks and water.
Extra comfort: travel 1st class
Want some extra comfort? Treat yourself with a 1st class ticket. From € 69 you can profit from:
- adjustable seats with plenty of leg room
- your own audio jack
- electrical outlet for your laptop or phone
* For some train services different train carriages are used in which certain facilities are not present.Find train tickets
Thanks to ICE International the largest airports in Germany and in Europe are now easy to reach! ICE International travels six times a day directly from Amsterdam via Utrecht and Arnhem to Frankfurt Airport.
Need a ticket from Frankfurt to the Netherlands?
NS Hispeed, of course, also offers single train tickets from Frankfurt to the Netherlands. To make things easier, below you can see the most commonly bought tickets to the Netherlands from Frankfurt:
At the station
* The basic prices given here depend on availability and are based on 2nd class travel, departing from Amsterdam. The tickets must be booked at least 3 days before departure. Changes and cancellations are possible after purchase until the first day of validity. A charge is made for this.