To Cologne by train
Travel with ICE International to Cologne
- Price 2nd class from € 19 to € 68
- Price 1st class from € 39 to € 105
- Travel time Amsterdam – Cologne: 2:38
- 7 connections a day
Book in advance and save money
Book 2-3 months in advance and pay just € 19 for a one-way ICE ticket to Cologne! The sooner you book, the lower the price. Our cheapest tickets cannot be rebooked nor cancelled. Book in advance and save money! Find train tickets
Your trip to Cologne
Want to take a city trip to Cologne or need to go there on business? With the international train service ICE International you can travel from Amsterdam Centraal directly to Cologne.
For a complete overview, please consult the international itinerary planner. Please also check the latest international travel updates shortly before embarking on your journey.
Overview travel times Cologne
Price train tickets to Cologne
Train tickets to Cologne vary in price. Price is dependent on:
- The amount of tickets still available.
- The possibility of being able to rebook your ticket.
- The possibility of getting a (partial) refund.
ICE International fares
The prices of train tickets to Cologne are divided into 3 categories. A complete overview of the fares and condition can be found on the ICE International Fares page. The main conditions are listed below:
- Cheapest tickets
- Booked no later than 7 days before departure
- Rebooking not possible
- Attractive price
- Limited amount of flexibility
- Booked no later than 3 days before departure
- Rebooking: free of charge except for reservation costs
- Cancellation: 10% of the costs with a minimum of € 5
- Booked up until departure
Cologne: city of art, architecture and theatre
The famous the Dom - the Gothic cathedral has been on the World Heritage List since 1996 and offers a wonderful view of Cologne and its pleasant shopping. Numerous museums, medieval buildings and impressive bridges give the city its cultural character. In addition, there is an unmistakable theatrical tradition with large and small theatres for families, children and music lovers.
Extra comfort: travel 1st class
Want to travel in extra comfort with ICE International to Cologne? Then choose a 1st class train ticket. 1st class, one-way tickets to Cologne can be booked from just € 39.
- comfortable, adjustable seats with plenty of leg room
- electrical outlets
- your own audio device
Need a ticket from Cologne to the Netherlands?
NS Hispeed, of course, also offers single train tickets from Cologne to the Netherlands. To make things easier, below you can see the most commonly bought tickets to the Netherlands from Cologne:
At the station
* Price based on Super Discount 2nd class from Amsterdam Central for one person, including seat reservation. Super Discount tickets have a limited availability and can be purchased, if available, up to 7 days before departure. After purchase it is not possible to rebook or cancel ticket.