To Berlin by train
For a good price to Berlin by train
- Price 2nd class from € 39
- Price 1st class from € 69
- Travel time Amsterdam – Berlin: 6.20
- 18 connections a day
Book in advance and save money
Book 2-3 months in advance and pay just € 39 for a one-way ticket to Berlin with Intercity Berlin. The earlier you book, the lower the price. Our cheapest tickets cannot be rebooked or cancelled. Book in advance and save money! Find train tickets
Your trip to Berlin
Want to take a city trip to Berlin or need to go there on business? With the international train service InterCity Berlin you can travel from Amsterdam Central directly to the German capital, where you will arrive at recently renovated station Berlin Hauptbahnhof (floor plan Berlin Hbf).
For a complete overview, please consult the international itinerary planner. Please also check the latest international travel updates shortly before embarking on your journey.
Overview travel time to Berlin
Price train tickets to Berlin
Train tickets to Berlin vary in price. Price is dependent on:
- Availability: the sooner you book, the more tickets in the different price categories will be available (max. 92 days)
- The possibility of being able to rebook your ticket.
- The possibility of getting a (partial) refund.
- The chosen route to Berlin
You are now able to book your train journeys to destinations in Germany at the Europa Spezial fare. This supersedes the Superdiscount and Discount fares. Europa Spezial offers a range of pricing levels and associated terms and conditions. A complete overview of the fares and condition can be found on the InterCity Berlin page.
The main conditions are listed below:
Cheap, can be changed (for a charge)
- Cheapest tickets
- Booked no later than 3 days before departure
- Can be changed or cancelled (a charge is made)
Changes and cancellations are possible
- Rebooking: free of charge except for reservation costs
- Cancellation: 10% of the costs with a minimum of € 5
- Booked up until departure
Extra comfort: travel 1st class to Berlin
Want some extra comfort? Then travel in 1st class on the InterCity Berlin. A one-way 1st class train ticket can be gotten from just € 69 .
- Comfortable seats with plenty of leg room
- Reading light at your seat
- Catering at your seat
Need a ticket from Berlin to the Netherlands?
NS Hispeed, of course, also offers single train tickets from Berlin to the Netherlands. To make things easier, below you can see the most commonly bought tickets to the Netherlands from Berlin:
At the station
* The basic prices given here depend on availability and are based on 2nd class travel, departing from Amsterdam. The tickets must be booked at least 3 days before departure. Changes and cancellations are possible after purchase until the first day of validity. A charge is made for this.