Before going on your trip
To ensure you travel in the greatest possible comfort we would like to provide you with a few travel tips that will enable you to make the proper preparations for your journey.
- Plan your journey on NSHispeed.nl/en. There you will find all the information you need.
- Did you know that there are no booking fees when you make reservations online? This means you can purchase your ticket at a time that suits you whilst also saving money!
- We advise you to always reserve a seat on the busier routes. This will ensure that you don't have to spend a long time looking for a free seat.
- At the larger train stations it could take you 15 minutes more to change trains. Please take this extra time into account when planning your trip.
Planned changes in the train schedule
Because of the possibility of repair or maintenance work taking place along your route, we advise you to always consult one of the following sources a few days before starting on your journey (all these services are only available in Dutch):
Unforeseen changes in the train schedule
Unfortunately, we cannot prevent calamities, accidents or weather conditions from affecting the train schedule in unforeseen ways.
Tips for what you can do when this happens when...
1. ...you are at a station:
- Contact a NS employee who will be happy to assist you. They can inform you about possible alternative routes, expected additional travel time and the validity of your ticket.
At smaller stations, you can speak to a NS employee via an intercom system by pressing the blue bottom on the information pole found on the platforms.
- Listen to announcements on the public address system and consult the illuminated message boards.
|Your are at:||Then go to:|
|Brussels South/Midi||Railteam counter in the main hall|
|London Waterloo / St Pancras||Eurostar counter in the terminal building|
|Paris Nord||Thalys counter in the main hall|
|German stations||DB Reisezentrum|
|Other international stations||Sales counters for international train transport|
2. ...you are on the train:
- The train manager will keep you informed of the latest travel information via the public address system.
- You can address the train manager when he or she comes past if you have any questions related specifically to your itinerary.
- Please inform the train manager as soon as you realise that the delay will cause you to miss your connecting train, bus or plane.
Of course, we will do our utmost to keep you informed and to get you to your destination as quickly as possible!
NS Hispeed constantly strives to improve its service. Please let us know if you have any remarks and/or suggestions about travelling by international train. You can contact us at:
NS Klantenservice, afd. NS Hispeed
P.O. Box 2372
3500 GJ Utrecht